Diamond Interview

KM:  Since Crown Mob, your name has been ringing in the music industry for numerous reasons--music, relationships, the fight with Precious, you blossoming into a beautiful young woman, relationships.  With that being said, what actually happened with the situation in Love & Hip Hop Atlanta?

Diamond:  Well, I just felt like it really wasn't a good look for the Diamond brand. Television is definitely something Diamond is interested in and sees as a future option for the Diamond Brand.  The Diamond Team just felt like Love & Hip Hop Atlanta wasn't a good look for the Diamond Brand. Point blank, period.


KM:  There is some speculation as to whether it dealt with your ex-boyfriend, Lil' Scrappy, and his mother.  Did that have anything to do with it at all? Can you speak on that?

Diamond:  No, it didn't have anything to do with it.  At the end of the day, if the business is straight, then Diamond is with it.  Anybody who knows me or has done business with me, knows that if it ain't right, I'm not in it. That's all I'm gonna say on that.

KM:  When you decided to leave, were you surprised at all that K-Michelle elected to do the role in Love & Hip-Hop?

Diamond:  Unh-uh. I know K-Michelle. I wasn't surprised at all.

KM:  What's up next for Diamond?  I know you mentioned reality shows.  Are there any new projects on the table or any new music coming from Diamond?

Diamond:  Right now Diamond just dropped a mixtape, called The Young Life, featuring Keri Hilson and some hot producers.  It is the street LP that will give you an introduction to what the album is going to sound like, which I'm recording right now.  I just shot a video called, American Woman, featuring Verse Simmons.  I'm be walking onto 106 & Park within the next three weeks.  I've been working with Drumma Boy out in LA, as well.  I have a lipstick deal; it's called Secret Kisses, so you can order some Secret Kisses for your girl.  I have  a hair line that will debut at the Hair Show in Atlanta on February 16th.  My website, www.diamondatl.com, is my blog site, so my fans can keep up with what I'm doing day to day.  I have a charity with my father, called Project Payback.        Where we adopt schools, we go to the schools and talk to kids about the importance of not driving drunk, to stay away from drugs, and to keep an A-B average.  I sponsored a girl to go to the prom last year.

KM:  Well, it's good to see you in the industry and helping the community in more than one way.  Because there are so many people who come into the industry and just want to do music alone, which has stunted their growth business-wise.  Are there any movie roles coming your way?

Diamond:  Yeah, we've got some things in the work.  Y'all just stay tuned.

KM:  Now this question is from your female fans.  They want to know what do you do to stay so fit?

Diamond:  Well, I used to eat a lot of beef and pork and found out it wasn't really good for you.  After, I cut out beef and pork, I started only eating turkey.  I also work out daily.  So you just have to eat right, workout, jog, run, and you'll keep your body toned.

KM:  Since you are going into the lipstick and hair industry, have you ever considered going to the modeling industry?

Diamond:  Modeling is definitely in the works.  That is definitely in the works. I have already laid things out for 2013. You will see me online and in magazines. It's crazy how this 14 year old girl from Crime Mobb to evolve into this beautiful 24 year old young lady who people want my face to endorse their brand. It's just a blessing.

KM:  Before we let you go, what is your booking, contact, Twitter information? Can you shout that out real quick?

Diamond:  If you want to book me, you can e-mail me at diamondatlbookme@gmail.com; my blog site is www.diamondatl.com on Twitter and Instragram DiamondAtl

KM:  Dead or alive, who would you want to work with and why?

Diamond:  Michael Jackson, because we have similar pasts--growing up in the public eye at such a young age.  I know if I worked with him, he could create something even more beautiful.  He was such an inspiration in my childhood.

Interview by: Ellis B.

No comments:

Post a Comment