Styles P Interview

KM – Where did the name Styles P come from?

Styles P – Styles is my last name so I just adapted that into rap. I also go by Pinero a combo of two of my favorite actors. So that’s how the P comes in.


KM - How long have you been in the game?

Styles P – I’ve been in the game since 1995

KM – Was the L.O.X. a manufactured group or did you guys know each other before Bad Boy?

Styles P – We got together before the Bad Boy days in high school. Kiss and Sheek were from the same block and already doing it. I came along and the rest is history we been brothers ever since.

KM – What was it like working with Diddy and being on Bad Boy?

Styles P – It was great being on Bad Boy, it was like being on the Chicago Bull’s in the early 90’s. You had BIG and a bunch of great artist that were really great at what they did. We had tons of fun definitely the good ole days.

KM – What was your relationship with Biggie like?

Styles P – Biggie was a real ni$$a. He was fly, classy and the best that ever did it. He inspired us and schooled us to the game. We look at him as our Big Bro!

KM – Who started D-Block Records and what is your current label?

Styles P – The LOX started D-Block Records. We been in the game for a while, we understand it and wanted to play by our own rules so we started D-Block. It’s more than a label though it’s a lifestyle,a way of living, a way to go for yours when nobody wants to give you anything and you come up from the bottom.

KM – Tell me about your first novel invincible and what inspired it?

Styles P – It’s a great novel you can read the first two chapters for free on my website www.stylesp.net . I’m great with words & I was board on a plane one day and just started typing in my blackberry and it turned into a whole book. I wrote the whole thing in my blackberry.

KM- We appreciate you taking time out your day to interview with us much respect.

Styles P- Likewise

KEV AND STYLES P


1 comment: