KM- First off let our readers know your name and where you're from.
Asti- Asti Tucker, Daytona Beach, Fl
KM- I know most people know Daytona Beach as a vocation spot or for NASCAR racing. Let us know how it is growing up in Daytona Beach.
Asti- I love Daytona Beach. My hometown, my city. Growing up in Daytona was cool as a child but its more so of where I grew up. I lived in Bethune Village AKA Pine Haven. I grew up in a single parent home so everything was much more solid. Growing up here you got to have the will to want to make it out and achieve your dreams. We have so many ambitious and determined people who can go places. You have to not get caught in the street life and fast money.
KM- Growing up in a single family home what did you learned from your mother?
Asti- My mom is my superhero forreal. That lady there (sigh), that's my heart and besides God, I owe it all to her. She had to play both parents and I always felt that no woman should ever have to deal with that. My mom was the type that made the cards work with the hand she was dealt. She's so strong of a woman who never asked for a handout or anything. Its been times where I could see the tiredness in her eyes as a child and she always kept pushing to make sure my brother and I were never without. My mom taught me to never let up on my dreams and never allow anyone to determine what I can and cannot do. She taught me that anything is possible as long as I allow God to guide my footsteps. She deserves the world and more.
KM- What have you done different being that your raising three kids?
Asti- My kids slowed me down a lot. Im more humble and focused on the things that really matter. I don't club too much anymore because I have to lead them in the right direction. My father wasn't there so its mandatory that I be there and teach them every step of the way. I used to blow money on the things that never had any value, but now my kids future is why I go so hard. Im their idol, their icon, so to them its like daddy don't do any wrong. I faced the wrong doings now I want them to witness a better life than I had.
KM- So you have overcome a lot of adversity. We understand in 2011 you signed a professional Modeling/Acting contract. Tell us how that happen.
Asti- LOL ahh man this is somewhat crazy to me. Everyone used to tell me I have a great smile and if I ever had braces but I never had them. One day I was at work and a lady said to me "you have a very beautiful smile" so as usual when I do hear that I said thank you. Then she told me I need to put that into use and model or be in someones film. My boss and bestfriend started calling me Hollywood. One morning I called my God dad and told him to set up a photoshoot. When we did the photoshoot they came out great so I started sending them to different companies and then I received an email from Shawn who was the manager on the acting side at Emerge Talent Agency. He was telling me I had the look to become someone special in their company as well as grow. He set an interview for me to go to their agency for an audition. I went and performed a monologue. I did the barbershop section. Afterwards he told me that he would talk to the owner and within 24 to 48 hours he will let me know. I left there smiling like I knew I already got the deal. Then the very next day on my lunch break from work I received an email with Emerge offering me a 2 year contract. I went to doin backflips LOL and yelling. I was in awe because who would've known that a young man from my city would end up becoming noticed.
KM- What do you feel is the better outlet for you acting or modeling and why?
Asti- I would have to say acting because its so many personalities that I can unleash and reveal. In acting there are different characters that you would have to become emotionally tied too versus modeling where everything is just in the facial expression.
KM- Now we read somewhere that in 2015 you expect to be a cast member for Tyler Perry shows. What do you feel you need to do between now and then to make that happen?
Asti- Yeah that's like a major blessing to be in this position to make things like this happen. My focus is to remain focused but to push harder. To perfect my craft and become better emotionally, physically, mentally as well as spiritually. From now until then I cannot become side tracked of anything less than success. I also have to get my personal life more in order as far as being the ultimate father to my kids. I have to get rid of the people who aren't really contributing to my success.
KM- So if Tyler Perry walked into the room right now what would you do or say?
Asti- First thing I would do is shake Mr. Perry's hand and introduce myself formally. I would tell him how much I was inspired by his story of how he never gave up when he about to let it all go and lose faith, and how he motivated me to continue going forward. Also I would tell him that I deserve the shot be that ultimate actor in the productions, and that whatever it takes I will exceed those expectations and more; I need is that one person the put me in the right hands to become an icon.
KM- Well we can see the passion in your eyes and your commitment to your craft. Is there anything you would like the readers to know that they may not know about you?
Asti- I play semi pro football here in Florida. I write poetry, music and im about to learn the piano. No I cant sing but I can be a musician LOL. I also want them to know that I am a pure witness that prayer changes things. I had those days where times got tough where I had no money and refused to go home. I had those days where I wanted it all to be over but God will always have a much bigger plan for us. Be inspired Be motivated Be determined and never let anyone steal your dreams because in the end they belong to you! Im very fun to be around and humble. I show love to everyone so I support everyones dreams out here.
KM- We would like to thank you for the interview and we look forward to seeing you on Tyler Perry's set next year!
Asti- I appreciate your time man. The top is the motive. The best is yet to come.
Follow me:
Twitter: @astitucker
Instagram: @chosen1tuck
www.astituckerproductions.com
No comments:
Post a Comment